The family practice residency program in the kingdom of Bahrain aims to be one of the most efficient family medicine training programs in the Middle East region, by providing an exceptional and innovative high standard training for the family physician trainees in the kingdom.
To ensure the development of highly qualified family physicians that are capable of providing high standard health care which meets the new health care challenges in the community.
- To develop family physicians who are competent & confident of managing over 90% of their patients & are capable of referring those in need to the proper secondary health care channels.
- To develop family physicians that will practice a humanistic and comprehensive approach to problems presented by their patients regardless of their sex, age or social status.
- To develop family physicians that appreciate team work and are capable of using the available resources efficiently & effectively
- To develop family physicians who possess self awareness and demonstrate initiatives to continuous medical education. This will include the use of evidence-based medicine approach.
- To develop family physicians who have the required knowledge and skills to conduct researches and audits that contributes to excellence and professionalism in the health care system.
- Organization Improvement
- To develop family physicians who will contribute to improving health care delivery through conducting continuous audits & research.
- To develop family physicians that have the ability to evaluate critically
- Community services
To develop family physicians who are sensitive & responsive to the legitimate needs of the community and who are able & willing to contribute to the health promotion of their society